Some interesting facts regarding the Magic Kingdom - I'll be listing a few of this over the next week!
This is a list of publicly known Disney attractions that were never built, that is, rides and shows of Disney parks that never reached the final building stage. Some of them were fully designed and not built. Others were concepts, sometimes with preliminary artwork. Many were developed as far as it could but funding was either reallocated, consolidated and optimized in the "best possible" return of investment. In other major projects, signs of reuse documentation was evident in some of the parks.
- Disney's America - A patriotic park to be located in Haymarket, Virginia, later a proposed conversion of Knott's Berry Farm.
- Disneyland East - A park to be built on the former grounds of the 1964 New York World's Fair in Queens, New York. The plans shifted to Florida, becoming the Walt Disney World Resort.
- DisneySea Themepark - designed to be a part of Port Disney.
- Disney Niagara Falls - Canadian theme park.
- Walt Disney's Riverfront Square - An indoor theme park planned for St. Louis.
- Texposition - Details to be made public in 2012, with the Harrison “Buzz” Price papers. Click the follow link to viewhttp://www.disneydrawingboard.com/Texposition/Texposition.html
Next - Disney properties that never came to pass!