When October approaches I always look forward to curling up on my couch in the evening, fireplace roaring, with big bowl of popcorn and my family for a movie - spooky, fun and frightful!
Unfortunately Disney/ABC only offers '13 Nights of Halloween' movies - and repeat the same movie over and over, as well as a few other channels that show the same movie over and over.
On top of that these channels start the movies at 8:00 pm or after - so kid's can't finish the movie because its on a school night.
13 nights are not enough! So I was able to find over 31 movies that will frightfully delight you and/or your family (a few movies are not younger children). I am sure there's is more, so please feel free to add to the list!
The movies I listed have no GORE and are not considered HORROR movies - just spooky, scary, fun, and all have happy endings! I can't stand hack and ax types movies...they're not scary, just gross - and that's not fun to me!
1. The Corpse Bride
2. Hocus Pocus
3. Tim Burton's Sleepy Hollow (not for young ones)
4. The Frighteners (not for young ones)
5. Monster House
6. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
7. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
8. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
9. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
10. Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
11. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows 1
12. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows 2
13. Cirque Du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant
14. Edward Scissorhands
15. The Addams Family
16. Addams Family Values
17. Practical Magic
18. Dark Shadows
19. Pirates of the Caribbean - Curse of the Black Pearl
19. Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Man's Chest
19. Pirates of the Caribbean - At World's End
20. Pirates of the Caribbean - On Strange Tides
21. Scooby-Doo - The Movie
22. Scooby-Doo Monsters Unleashed
23. Abraham Lincoln - Vampire Hunter (not for young ones)
24. Tim Burton's Sweeney Todd (not for young ones)
25. The Nightmare Before Christmas
26. It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown
27. Tim Burton's Frankenweenie
29. The Haunted Mansion
30. Hansel and Gretel - Witch Hunters (not for young ones)
31. Legend (with Tom Cruise) - an oldie, but still has some spooky moments (not for young ones)
32. The Mummy
33. The Mummy Returns
34. Van Helsing - one of my fav's! (not for young children)
If there's a movie you like to watch in October/for Halloween and it's not listed - please share!
Your also welcome to share if your fav is listed and why it is your fav!